101 Goals – May 2017 Update
Hello Everyone! It’s hard to believe that the month of may has already flown by and we only have two weeks left in PA before the big move. This is my monthly check in on the progress of my goals and I will also be sharing which goals I have already completed since starting my challenge last summer. Items with a
line through it have been completed and items in bold are in progress.
- #6 – completed. We took the girls to see all the historical sites in Philly over Memorial Day weekend. We started at the Independence Visitors Center, then we saw the Liberty Bell, walked around Independence Hall (We were too tired to hang around until our afternoon tour time), Carpenter’s Hall, the Museum of the American Revolution, the Betsy Ross House, Elfreth’s Alley, and we finished up with lunch at the Race Street Cafe. We also got to hear some free stories on some of the Once Upon A Nation Benches throughout the Historic District. Betsy Ross was even in her house and answered some of Cadence’s questions. Cadence had minimal whining on this trip and Harley napped in the carrier and missed almost everything except for the Liberty Bell, Elfreth’s Alley, and lunch.
- #31 – completed. I launched my blog!
- #42 – in progress. Griffin and I continued reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets to Cadence. We have the illustrated version and it is beautiful.
- #68 – completed we closed on our new house in Michigan today!
Stats: 21/101 completed; 24/80 in progress
Take the girls sight-seeing in NYC.
- Travel to 3 new states.
- Go to the Grand Canyon.
- Go skiing.
- Visit Yellow Stone National Park.
Take the girls to the historical sites in Philly.
- Visit a major city near our new home.
- Visit the Kennedy Space Center with the girls.
- Visit Williamsburg with the girls.
- Take the girls to Plymouth, MA.
- Take the girls to Knoebels Park.
- Take the girls to Dutch Wonderland.
- Take the girls to Cedar Point.
- Visit Portland, OR.
- Visit 10 new cities.
- Go to Niagara Falls with the girls.
- Visit the White House with the girls.
- Take a staycation.
- Go on a tropical beach getaway.
- Go to bed early for 1 month.
- Run a 5k with Dad.
- Hike 10 new trails.
- Complete a 30 day health/fitness challenge.
- Run a 10k.
- Compete in a fun run (mud/color/spartan/etc).
- Run a half-marathon.
- Run a Disney marathon or half-marathon.
Try an out of my comfort zone workout class. Start/join a book club. Start a blog.
- Learn how to make 5 cocktails.
- Bake bread from scratch.
- Make a birth announcement cross stitch for Harley.
- Make 3 Christmas gifts per a year.
- Complete 10 sewing projects.
Start a 1 sentence journal.
- Start a collection.
- Learn how to use a DSLR camera.
- Take Cadence to an amusement park.
- Take the girls to a corn maze.
- Read the Harry Potter series to Cadence.
- Let Cadence plan a field trip to learn more about something she is interested in.
- Update my will and get Griffin a will.
- Write a letter to Cadence.
- Get passports for the girls.
- Host a holiday meal for our family.
- Cooking class date night with Griffin.
- Have a date night with Griffin once a month.
- Complete a monthly love/marriage/relationship challenge.
- Teach Cadence to sew.
- Take Cadence on a date once a month.
- Celebrate our 5 year anniversary.
Learn to crochet. Go to family camp with the girls.
- Start charm bracelets for the girls.
- Get family pictures take once a year.
- Host a cookie decorating party.
- Host a brunch.
- Host a theme party.
Host a game night. Watch the entire Star Wars series with Cadence.
- Read 50 books.
- Watch 10 documentaries.
- Watch AFI’s Top 100 movies.
- Send 10 friends birthday cards.
Save money for a down payment on a house.
- Do the 52 week money saving challenge.
- Put money into a vacation fund each month.
- No shopping for 1 month (except groceries).
- Start an emergency fund.
- Buy/lease a car.
- Set up a more Montessori friendly home that promotes the girls’ independence at home.
- Frame and hang our diplomas.
- Complete Montessori certification.
Get a new gmail account.
- Volunteer for a cause I’m passionate about.
- Pay it forward 10 times.
- Watch 20 TED talks.
- Do a 30 day declutter challenge.
- Learn to grill on my own.
- Read one love/marriage/relationship book a year.
Inspire someone to write a list of their own. Vote in a presidential election.
- Watch the sunrise.
- See a movie outdoors.
- Go skydiving.
- Go cross-country skiing.
- Do a polar bear plunge.
- Go scuba-diving.
- Sleep on a beach.
- See a ballet.
Go paddle boarding.
- See a comedian live.
Go to a dog park.
- Donate $5 for every goal not completed to charity.
- Check this list once a month.
- Make a new list when this one is done.