101 Goals – June/July 2017 Update
This summer is flying by and after settling in a little I have been able to make some more progress on my 101 list.
7. Visit a major city near our new home. On Griffin’s first day off we headed down to check out Detroit. We explored the Eastern Market, drove around the downtown area, and then explored Belle Isle. The aquarium was Cadence’s favorite part, which is not a surprise. There’s still a lot more in Detroit that we need to check out, but that was all we could handle that day.
16. Visit 10 new cities. We visited our third new city, Detroit. I already talked about it above, so do I don’t think I need to repeat myself 🙂
32. Learn how to make 5 cocktails. While visiting PA at the end of July, we spent some time up at Skytop where I found my new favorite cocktail, Summer Bee. So obviously I had the bartender teach me the recipe. I also learned how to make a peach moscow mule. I needed to make sure I could make them when I get back to Michigan.
64. Read 50 books. I finally read book #6 (How to Hygge: The Secrets of Nordic Living by Signe Johansen) in July. With the stress of moving and finishing up my Montessori Certification, I have felt like all my free time should be working on that instead of reading. Now that we have moved and my Montessori Certification course finished up on August 5th, I plan to get some reading in before the end of the summer.
74. Set up a more Montessori friendly home that promotes the girls’ independence at home. Since we just moved I have a blank slate to work with. We also have a bigger bathroom and kitchen so I can create spaces for the girls in there. It’s all still a work in progress and something that I’ll probably always be tweaking.
82. Learn to grill on my own. For Father’s Day/Griffin’s Birthday, we bought him a “real” propane grill. He gave me a lesson and I have been practicing ever since. Since Griffin was working on the Fourth of July, I got to make the burgers and corn AND I didn’t burn them. Pretty proud of myself. I’ve grilled burgers a couple more times, but plan on branching out in August. Exciting stuff!
In August, I plan on reading some more books, getting passports for the girls, seeing an outdoor movie, and checking off some more things on our Michigan bucket list! I also completed my Montessori Certification on August 5th!
Check out my whole list here to see what else is on my list!